Friday 10 January 2014

Dyspraxia and Self-Employment

I have written 2 guest blogs on self employment and dyspraxia  for the site 

How To Work From Home.

Here they are below..

An award-winning disabled entrepreneur on why working from home is the ideal choice

Home working and the disabled entrepreneur - Jane BinnionJane Binnion has provided today’s guest post on how working from home as a disabled entrepreneur has enabled her to lead a full working and family life after many years of struggling with an office job:

Life before home working

For about 7 years I was part time employed and part time self-employed, then 3 years ago an accident left me unable to drive for a few months. During this time I made the decision to go full time self-employed, but more importantly to work from home.
to read the rest of the article click here

The disabled entrepreneur – a work in progress

More from award-winning disabled entrepreneur Jane Binnion

Home working and the disabled entrepreneur - Jane BinnionEarlier this year Jane Binnion wrote about the positive option of self-employment and home working for thedisabled entrepreneur.

I’m delighted that she’s back with another guest post about her progress…

because what she’s learnt is a useful lesson for all of us:
By September of this year, half way into year three of being a disabled entrepreneur, I was aware that I was VERY tired. And then I got anxious. I’m on a business growth programme and I got scared that growing just involved more hours and even more tired.
I choose to work from home for the flexibility it gives me in terms of resting when I need to, BUT I found that I am never at home anymore as I’m out and about delivering training, at planning meetings, or networking. I had lost the work/life balance that was so important to me as a disabled entrepreneur and I really couldn’t carry on like that.
What to do?
to read the rest of the article click here

I would love to hear your comments on disability and employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment